Are you worried by the idea of your elderly parent having to go into a care home?
With an alarming number of care home residents succumbing to symptoms consistent with Covid-19, you may feel your elderly loved one would be better off staying in their own home. But what if they can’t manage without regular care and support? If you can’t visit them yourself because they are having to self-isolate, what on earth are they supposed to do? How can you help them?
Chief Medical Officer, Chris Whitty, recently announced 13% of care homes have been affected by COVID-19, and there are fears that this will increase.
(14th April 2020)
24-hr live-in care
24-hr care at home is without doubt the most suitable care solution of any older person needing help to keep them safe during self-isolation.
Live-in care will offer them:
- One-to-one care from an experienced and professionally trained carer to keep them safe and out of harm’s way
- Comforting and reassuring companionship to help them cope with the social isolation caused by the lockdown
- Discreet and sensitive assistance with all their personal care needs
- All their shopping and prescriptions taken care of
- Safety for them and peace of mind of mind for you and the rest of your family
At Chesterford Homecare we select our carers on the basis of their social and companionship skills and they all receive training in the key aspects of care, including infection control, the safe administration of medication and first aid. They are also provided with whatever PPE they may need to keep everyone safe.
Call us now to find out more. Our helpline is open day and night, seven days a week.
Where Chesterford Homecare Live-in Care service can help you
With Chesterford Homecare’s live-in service, you will have a dedicated carer who will be able to assist you or your loved one in many ways. We can arrange care immediately, whether it be for this current difficult time or longer term.
Carers love to do the following:
- Provide companionship especially in these difficult times
- Go to the pharmacist/chemist and assist with all medication
- Get the essential shopping as they have priority shopping status
- Provide delicious meals
- Assist with personal care
- Carry out the domestic tasks
Our carers allow you or your loved one to isolate in a safe and comfortable way in your own home