CQC report publication – Requires Improvement Rating
We have received the latest CQC report, published in 2017, and we are already acting on the findings to deliver the required improvements.
We note also however that there were also a number of strong positives in the CQC’s findings, notably that:
- The service was caring.
- People were generally positive about the care they received. Staff supported people in a manner that was kind and supportive of their privacy and dignity.
- People had been consulted and staff guided in how best to support people in promoting their dignity and independence.
What the CQC said was wrong and the immediate action we have taken
1. We were only asking new recruits to provide details of their last 10 years’ employment history, instead of since leaving full-time education.
Action taken: All members of staff affected have been asked to provide their full employment history since leaving full-time education.
2. Some of our care plans did not provide sufficient detail of the care to be provided and some others were overdue for review.
Action taken: all care plans are now being updated with as much detail as possible and no plans are overdue.
3. Not every staff file contained two valid references.
Action taken: Outstanding references are being chased and all staff members need to provide two valid references.
4. Whilst we had sent all our clients a Satisfaction Survey in February, 2017 and analysed the results, we had not shared the results with our clients or advised them what improvements we were planning to make as a result of their feedback.
We have now sent all our clients the results of our 2017 Client Satisfaction Survey with indications of the improvements we have made as a result of their feedback.
Care Manager Amanda Mudie
We are delighted to appoint our new Care Manager Amanda Mudie
Finding the right person for important roles isn’t always easy but in appointing Amanda as our new Care Manager we’re confident we’ve done exactly that.
I’m really excited about starting the Care Manager role at Audley Homecare. Their commitment to providing high quality care matches my own commitment and I am looking forward to working with our team.
Access to the full CQC Report
Please follow this CQC Widget to see the full report. Please note we have recently changed our name to Chesterford Homecare, to reflect where we are based and our report at CQC is still under our old name of Audley Homecare.
We take our care seriously and we have many happy clients and happy families:
The care staff always make time for a chat with me and I feel I have made new friends.
Mrs G, client in Saffron Walden, Essex
Chesterford Homecare have provided an excellent, reliable and friendly service and have greatly assisted my recovery.
Mr M, client in Sewards End, Essex
The staff who look after me always take the time to listen and are always kind and patient with me. I feel safe and well looked after .
Mrs H, client in Newport, Essex
I have complete confidence in the care staff who look after me. They are well trained and extremely competent in everything they do.
Mr P, client in Debden, Essex
When we were let down by another care agency, Audley Homecare stepped in immediately. They provide a very reliable care service.
Mr K, client in Saffron Walden, Essex
Under our old name of Audley Homecare (changed in June 2018), here is our feedback on NHS choices website